2019 KSEA AwardsKSEA will accept nominations for the Annual KSEA Honors and Awards that recognize and honor those members/non-members who have made outstanding contributions to KSEA, advances in science and engineering, international cooperation especially between the U.S. and Korea, and general welfare of the society.
Application Period: From January 15, 2019 to 11:59 PM EST on Friday, March 1, 2019Awards to be made:
- Outstanding Contribution to KSEA Award to a member who has made exceptional contributions to KSEA in particular and the society in general through dedicated and exemplary services in science and engineering including international cooperation (Award jointly with Minister of MSIP).
- Scientist of the Year Award to a member who has made outstanding technical contributions in the areas of science (Award jointly with President of KOFST).
- Engineer of the Year Award to a member who has made outstanding technical contributions in the areas of engineering (Award jointly with President of KOFST).
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award to a member who has demonstrated stellar performance in the areas of entrepreneurship (Award jointly with Maeil Business Newspaper).
- Outstanding Chapter and Chapter President Award to a local chapter which has contributed significantly to enhance KSEA activities through novel and exemplary programs and services.
- Outstanding Community Service Award to a member who has provided outstanding services to a greater community on behalf of KSEA.
- Young Generation Leadership Award to a young generation member who has provided outstanding membership development and services for the young generation.
Honors to be made:
- Distinguished Service Membership (DSM) to a member who has served KSEA with distinction.
- Distinguished Sponsor Membership (DSpM) to individuals or organizations who have made substantial financial contributions to KSEA.
- Honorary Membership (HM) to members at least 75 years old who have retired with a distinguished career.
Each nomination form (in MS Word) can be downloaded from the corresponding link and a nomination should be made through the website, http://hac.ksea.org. Please carefully follow the instructions in the form. Nominations must be uploaded onto http://hac.ksea.org from January 15, 2019 to March 1, 2019. The finalists will be notified via email by June 30, 2019. Honors and Awards will be presented at UKC2019.
- Nomination Form: Outstanding Contribution to KSEA Award
- Nomination Form: Scientist of the Year Award
- Nomination Form: Engineer of the Year Award
- Nomination Form: Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Nomination Form: Outstanding Chapter and Chapter President Award
- Nomination Form: Outstanding Community Service Award
- Nomination Form: Young Generation Leadership Award
For any questions regarding preparation of a nomination package, please contact Chair of KSEA Honors and Award Committee (HAC), Dr. Joseph J. Kim, Dr. Joseph J. Kim.